Wednesday 17 April 2013

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Juicy couture?

Since returning from Sydney, I've had many long romantic walks along the beach, outside of my apartment, to dine. It's safe to say that possessing no domestic qualities other than styling my apartment and pleasing guests with scented candles and soft fluffy hand-towels, I cannot cook. However, the candles and handtowels are of great use when I do cook because they both work well with the smoke alarm.



I'm yet to make use of Jamie Olivers 15 and 30 minute cookbooks because quite frankly, shopping for such recipes do not take 15-30 minutes! Why is there no google maps for woolworths herb and spice section? So, in an attempt to stop this habitual salmon bruschetta, crispy chicken salad and pumpkin and pinenut pizza diet (and no luck meeting a chef who resembles the brown haired guy from the new surf movie,) I've decided to try making recipes. Queue- the latest celebrity juice cleanse fad.

Like any diet, you rarely follow the juice cleanse exactly. But juicing is great because you can basically create flavour you want and keep adding things until it tastes delish, or with oranges; freshly squeezed cafe juice like. Preparation also involves no use of the oven or frypan-AND it's healthy because its made with fruits and vegies- you feel fresh and light like a freshly picked leaf......yes that was weird.

Anyways, the juice has clearly gone to my head and being SICK of floral print and even the majority of digital, I've decided to go for fruit tree print. I'm also inspired by Christine Centenera who is constantly rocking her boyfriend Josh Goots print designs, 1920's silhouettes given I was reading Vogues insert on The Great Gatsby whilst sipping juice, stretchy stark white laser cut fabric and probably Dolce and Gabbana, since I'm currently loving these pieces which remind me of italian housewives who stereotypically have fruit trees in their gardens.


Stay tuned for the finished product and post!
 
X X X
EM

No comments:

Post a Comment